Why shall we learn German?
“Made in Germany” has always been a label of guaranteed quality, and it is its range of brands and products that make this country one of the most powerful global economies and a pillar of the European Union. It is also one of Europe’s most important cultural centers, with a long history of great writers, philosophers and composers.
- Germany is the world’s second-largest exporter.
- The German economy ranks number one in Europe and number four worldwide. Germany is home to numerous international corporations.
- German has the largest number of native speakers in the European Union (far more than English, Spanish, or French).
- German is the language of Goethe, Marx, Nietzsche, and Kafka, of Mann, Brecht, and Grass. Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, and Schubert, Brahms, Schumann, Wagner, Mahler, and Schoenberg spoke and wrote German, as did Freud, Weber, Einstein, and Heisenberg, Kant, Hegel, and Heidegger.
- German is the gateway to a world-class higher education.